Tuesday morning.

The morning of the PIP assessment and I am chilling. No heavy session last night, I sat in the sun up on the roof terrace at Belgrave, but got back to the flat at 6, ate 5 dates, washed all my bath linen towels, mats, flannels, dressing gown, etc on a 60°C wash and then slept until 5, rolled over until 5:45am, made a three scoop coffee and then made the base for my breakfast. Next stage will be a bath, before I vacuum up the flat?

Back to finish off breakfast, three eggs, a spoonful of Za'atar on each, three toasted Warburton's slices, olive oil and the slow pan fried leak, red onion, brown onion, spring onion and garlic reduction.

It is quite nice to have a slow unhurried start to the day? Often I am hurrying to get to Wetherby, because I feel responsible, on either the X98 or X99, even though I get no sense that I am appreciated, needed or even wanted there ...

... All girls ever seem to do is complain about another person, usually another girl, who isn't present. I went inside to read, but it's dark and moody with those in couples conspiring! I'll never feel at ease amongst them. So I step back outside and hope the same blank eyed beggars have found there donations?

Filtering down King's Arcade is the ominous presence of a bagpiper who, perched on The Headrow, prevented my usual perambulation to Caffé Nero so instead I plough two more chapters of a book I put down at the end of that momentous trip to Madrid, and the walk over to Segovia and beyond prior to Christmas 2022. Slowly, but surely, he is reaching his climax in Santiago - a place I'd never set foot again, having felt pilgrimage as tourism and souvenirs, in that God forsaken city!

Leeds is so loud today. Everywhere drills, pneumatic.
But the GP has referred me back to the screening service for both ADHD and autism as she's confused why the screening in Harrogate said yes and Leeds said no. Perhaps I was unwilling to reveal the extent of my condition 10 years ago as I always thought it was wrong to expose the reality of being me to health professionals ...

Comments

Popular Posts