day two, leaving Bangor-on-Dee

No meat yesterday or Wednesday, but a well filled bap with sausages, bacon, egg and HP Sauce at the Aldford village stores. A pot of tea and off I go again - bit of rain in the skies and again the temperature has plummeted since the nice meander along the Dee by The Meadows to the Iron Bridge of the Duke of Westminster s estate...

Knackered at the end. 22 miles and the same old foot pain. £80 for a self catering cottage this evening, but I am polishing off a pasta meal and considering an early night: tomorrow is the Coronation Walk. But where too? I almost went along the Marches Way, but stuck to the Dee Way, which vanished and left me walking through meadows, passed ewes and lambs, bullocks, four very noisy thoroughbreds and knee deep wet grasses mixed with nodding stinging nettles at many styles or gates: I waded through and worried not about that pleasant tingling.

***

As I lay down I drifted into sleep and only awoke to the dawn chorus. A good night's sleep. I lingered in The Buck, but I couldn't keep my eyes open so crossed back to the cottage I have. Now as I gather my thoughts, having eaten two bowls of Special K with berries and had two cups of coffee, I wonder why Roger hasn't sent me the details of his email for payment. I may be gone before they awake so will have to sort it later as I push up the Dee into darkest Wales? 

Comments

Popular Posts