a day of rest?

Mum's away in Scarborough. It's the first time I've been @ 42 alone since before Lockdown in 2020. Mum hasn't been away in so long it's untrue!

Yesterday I took Lola out in the morning for a brief walk and then we climbed aboard the X70 around 12:30pm to be dropped off on Wetherby Road, near the junction with Rudding Lane, Harrogate, to walk into The Great Yorkshire Show ground passed Fodder along the Crimple Beck by the disused viaduct, prior to meeting Nick in North Bar just after 3pm.

Now all three vizslas I caterer for have visited Rooster's Taproom on Hornbeam Park Industrial Estate.

She was a bit excited and barked frenetically as I let her settle in and ordered a vegan burger and a half of a Rooster's ale after having a half of a keg beer(both below 4% abv) then we walked into Town via the Stray and The Tap on Tower Street, The Little Ale House and Cold Bath Brewery before heading to North Bar where Lola had a tin of sardines and we sat outside waiting Nick's appearance: Lola was pretty good and chilled and only barked at one Collie type dog - she's not keen on that breed (she's breed-rac-ist)!

We returned to Wetherby after just missing both the final X70 and the one-an-hour 7, meaning we had to return to Nick and the officer from Catterick Garrison called Rory who we'd got talking to for the previous hour - he on tea and we on Petit Saison(3.5% abv). We'd been for a brief visit to Disappearing Chin but it was too busy in the tight bar area, the only beer I was interested in was too strong and too expensive (pint - him & half - me £11) and the outside area wasn't basking in the late afternoon sunshine....

Returning back from Harrogate we passed through the Cinema  Mews and Snug & Chatter before we came home to dinner - Lola tuna and I rice and greens. She slept soundly until 6:30, as did I, after a solitary wee visit around 3am.

This morning Lola wasn't interested in a walk as she was quite exhausted from the busy busy Saturday so I went to the allotment for a couple of hours to clear the weeds which have suddenly sprung up everywhere!

Emma's took Lola around noon and I hope not to see anyone until 9am tomorrow ... It's unusual to be here at 42 silent, meditating and thinking of an early night. Back in my own bed this evening as mum's is a little too soft for me.

Sunday's should definitely be a day to reset? I've done nothing but walk since returning from Wales on Monday and mum doesn't return until Wednesday afternoon. 

Comments

Popular Posts