yesterday all my troubles

No walking through the river today. By 12 kilometres a little painful in the left foot so at 14 kilometres I've stopped for today. Up ahead is Arles sur Le Tech, tomorrow, but today it's Amélie les Bains and all those who come for purification by waters... No one wants to grow old and disabled so mineral thermal springs must make us all better? In the general hubbub around Avenue du Dr. Bouix for a coffee and a change of footwear.

Easy walking alongside the canal, but on the Via Verte, converted railway track over Viaducts, etc, along Le Tech, striding on concrete does me no favours and the foot flares up once more so I called it a day.

In an apartment the other side of Le Tech from Amélie-les-Bains: not bad after I got over the shock of being asked for €150 deposit: if I had it giving it away would've left me stranded. It's a relief she said OK no worries: just leave the apartment as it was found which is very easy.

Had a siesta - which I should have had yesterday, but was too excited in Céret to do anything sensible. A good night's sleep this evening and a slow start after eight as the hostess needs to check I left the room/space as I found it: I'll come to the same café as I had a coffee in around noon and head back to see her afterwards.

Comments

Popular Posts