Wednesday morning

A quiet start to Wednesday. Ruby's pretty exhausted from the two parts of yesterday. She's had breakfast and returned to bed - well curled up next to me on her sofa. We weren't late getting back from Harrogate. Just a couple of hours change of scenery and a good half an hour along the Stray to West Park. Crossing the road near the Prince of Wales roundabout is difficult and I almost got run over as the delivery driver didn't see me until the last moment even though I was signalling at him.

Eight am and helicopter drifts over head... And my attention has switched to Basel next Wednesday for a bit more walking. Mother thinks she's away from the 12th and I didn't get a confirmation date for cataract surgery yesterday when I spoke to St James Hospital eye clinic.

Ruby rearranges herself and watches the birds come and go with a sigh and a yawn. Her belly groans as does mine. It's overcast and cold. Yesterday was the best day for being out so far...

Comments

Popular Posts