leaving Perpignan

Seven o'clock at the end of my way. Food then bed. Long day. But I reached the coast, but didn't see the sea. Argeles-sur-Mer, but I stayed put. Caught the bus back to Perpignan around 5 and hung around in the centre just to eat then returned to the Auberge du Jeunesse, where I had already checked in. And it's a Sunday.


An interesting six days walking. Pretty relentlessly. Some pains and some bites, definitely yesterday and Friday. But I have antihistamines... And I saw spring from a Mediterranean and alpine prospective, before returning to the UK as spring unfolds there too: it's definitely my favourite season, for a change...

Crossed over La Tét to walk up to the airport which is around 5kilometres away. On my final morning. It's been a worthwhile, but slightly costly, affair. But entirely worth it.

Being away somewhere where comprehension of a language is barely sufficient is like being somewhere on a silent retreat. I never hear the thoughts passing people's minds, spat out in various forms; mostly vengeful. 

Comments

Popular Posts