Amélie-les-Bains.

A night full of dreams. In one I was shot dead, alongside a sister, by a ruthless woman - in the same water as a deer and her faun(as the mother deer kicked away at me to get away from me, the hunter and her companion: but it being a dream I entered the spirit world quite alive and determined to track down those responsible!

This morning I have a short stretch further up the valley Le Tech to Arles sur Tech and then a decision to make! To go along the valley or up onto the Puig along the GR10 to a Gîtes d'etapes... I am wearing only trainers, but the sole isn't worn out and seems to have good traction!

Woke once in the night by the hoots of an owl, or two, and slightly chilly so put on a jersey - first usage of the sleeping bag this time: the apartment had no bedding (€26 extra). Been told to leave it quite as I found it as she waived a €150 deposit which I really don't have! I am at €60 until Friday... I closed the shutters and returned to heavy dreams!

Usual two coffees, crossiant and a Trady for the road. I am evolving Francophile tendancies! I sit and consider a gentleman who looks like he has been on the GR10 and looks a little foxed by humanity: but that's a projection because I am too?

Come back to make sure the apartment is as I found it and to consume the second yogurt La Bergerie Avec myrtile sauvage... To reduce the toxins swimming in the system since Céret on Tuesday.

The apartment is clean. Amélie-les-Bains is OK. I guess if I wasn't going along Le Tech I would have gone behind it to the gorge or up to the fort overlooking the ravine below, but yesterday afternoon I lived on the border of life and death (just like Sunday in a seaside town they(Luftwaffe) forgot to bomb) until slumber hit me around 7pm. And I could disappear from this side of existence just for a few hours.

Comments

Popular Posts