Whitby

Escaping from Wetherby and Leeds since Madrid (walk) in December and Cartagena in February (holiday) has been next to impossible with numerous health issues, lack of funds and little motivation. Pain in my left foot and right knee, partial blindness in my right eye from a cataract and too much alcohol poisoning my body are becoming everything, or were ...

Last weekend, for mum's 80th birthday, we went and stayed in a cottage on the coast at Whitby which allowed me to venture outwards once more. Luckily the weather was good, after sunshine and showers on Friday afternoon, for two solid days walking.

On Saturday Lola and I went north along Upgang Beach and up at Sandsend to Mulgrave Estate for around 10 miles. Lola loved the experience and we shared a banana cake at Wit's End before catching the bus back to the cottage. On the evening Lola and I stayed in while Emma, Finley and mother went out to eat.

Lola was pretty tired on Sunday so, after I'd taken her for the usual hour, I joined the Cleveland Way south towards Robin Hood's Bay in the beautiful clear blue morning sunshine.

By the time we'd finished our Sunday lunch, and I was ready to lynch Emma, I left them to return Lola to the cottage. They then left to return to Wetherby while I sought company and some beers before exhaustion led me from the sofa, where I'd kept Lola company for two nights, to the double bed mother had used since Friday night.

It was a positive experience and I must do it again soon! Perhaps by myself. But I'd love to stay in a cottage with Lola once more in the not to distant future...

Comments

Popular Posts