Nieve de la Asunción.

The path is the destination? No matter how much I look forward to the end of these physical difficulties I am sure that it is just 'the moment' which exists and I am just in this moment at the crossroads? It's like the Power of Now...

Today I left the Albergue at 8 walked for around half an hour before I missed my turn so had to walk straight over planted, ploughed and fallow to join the Camino for an hour: but does it really matter where I am going or where I came from when I am just here without any conception my reality? It just rained torrentially all morning.

It is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception this Thursday, thank you Spain, but my maths suggests that Jesus must've been born in August or he was literally like a sack of wind ready to blow in less than three weeks ... Logic says that the Roman feast/Christmas is just a superposition, but in a quantum universe no one knows where any two pintxos transects so perhaps this son of God is outside of physics and pinchos? And as one of the faithful anything is possible when it has its origins in Donostia...

Three and a quarter hours until here: Nava de la Asunción. And at least an hour after Santa Maria la Real de Nieva in another absolute drench to find all the stuff at the bottom of the backpack is drenched! And I don't know other than it's got zero waterproofing on the base... Which is extremely unhelpful? The rain cover works I think, but appears to be wetter underneath the outside! So I've a damp sleeping bag which I definitely need this evening next to the football ground behind the bull ring... Otherwise I am happy. The people here were/are helpful and chatty and friendly... I've constructed a layer beneath two heavy duty blankets and I've put on last night's atire hopefully I will be as tranquil? They have a heater, which acts at a light, which will dry everything prior to breakfast and to leave the €5 for the Albergue with Santos @ Punto de Encuentro who seemed to know everybody and said it was gratis here tonight...

Comments

Popular Posts