Manzanares el Real

Heading up above 1000 metres and need to gain sustenance... They always put these towns perched on top of the hill looking south, back to Madrid. An old folks kitchen, but they let me eat a couple of tapes of eggs and potatoes! Centro de Mayores... Which was wonder fuel!

***

Here I am. Started joyful, because eggs and chips are skill, but then bored on the saddle before a switchback - looking forward to the turn in the monotony - and into Manzanares el Real. Into the Hostel Pedriza, sopa(not a patch on yesterday's white bean and pork wonder), but I am enjoying the Godello vino until I heave towards the dormitory: all of Madrid's day trippers are hanging on to the edges of the Massif rising dominating above the town.

Tomorrow I turn my attention west before I have to go over this thing?

Final vino. Looked at the castle here which is definitely a folly or remade and just a made-up thing on top of an original thing. It's a pile of organised stones which looks like a castle: but are there garderobes in it?

Looking at Wikipedia it's not new, although it's called the new/nuevo, but I can't see it! If it was built in the late 1500s where is the wind or rain weathering... It must've had work done since the 16th century to keep it looking nuevo?

Comments

Popular Posts