leaving Añe in a storm

Enforced hermitage isn't a bad thing. Here's me well rested, after deep dream filled sleep with no disturbances, of my own construction or exterior, but I am not 100% sure on my left foot. I am going to hobble the 10 kilometres to Santa María la Real de Nieva, get breakfast and then decide on what I should do: I will be on my way just prior to sunrise, around 8am.

As the bar was locked up at seven thirty I turned in. My stomach rumbled a little without supper but a little enforced sobriety and fasting can only be a good thing to help cleanse the body which may help the foot pain ease?

It was pretty chilly in Añe last night with clear skies above so I slept in the Longjohns I packed just incase I needed them coming through the Sistema Central: they are not my preferred pair (merino) which I couldn't locate while packing, but they're aimed at skiiers so they kept me blissfully unaware of the cold part of the Albergue: oh and the radiator works too and that, with a thick woollen blanket, put me into dreams which were vivid indeed.

If it gets cold in the Albergue I often compare it to the one in San Clemente, La Mancha, which was incredibly frigid those two nights I spent back in November 2019 on the Camino del Sureste: where I escaped the monotony of La Mancha for just a little time...

The forecast looks bad with thunderstorms predicted in the Segovia region, but that is somewhat closer to the mountains so I may escape a thorough soaking on a poorly foot? Finger's are crossed as I get prepared to venture onwards, but that makes packing a little complicated!

Comments

Popular Posts