Cercedilla.

Pondering tomorrows ordeal: bought energy wayfarer fayre: higo secco (la alpujarra granel) 500 grams and turrón de Jijona de Alicante 300 grams. Plenty of energy and more weight to carry up those mountain paths in the blessful rain?

At the Hostal I discovered a bath to ease the tiredness I felt from the day behind me. It wasn't so far, but I walked as fast as I was capable in the rain. My coat resisted the majority of the rain, but, as it always does with Páramo, it finds routes through the coat (usually on the shoulders and cuffs). Lunch was copious and I don't know if I can eat another solid meal, but can't set off tomorrow morning with an 'English' breakfast... in Spain? But this is a tourist town so somewhere may offer it? The final place ahead before I leave all hope behind is Casa Cirilo and it's a bed and breakfast so it may offer me a copious breakfast - I should call them to inquire?

1% says eat pasta 99% says go to bed and eat breakfast in the morning with a larger portion... But that might not be possible. Definitely don't drink though... Just a solitary copa vino Blanco, honestly!

***

Sitting at the bar of La Maya , with the Brasil game playing in the corner - it was 4-0 before I retired at half time - on another adventure Brazil were being heavily beaten 7-1 crossing in to Honduras and the gentleman serving me tapes with the glasses of wine, after a large piece of Tortilla.

Up in the room I slept soundly, eventually, as the couple next door were 'tickling' each other with massive tickling sticks... Then a heavy downpour woke me, but it passed and I have a full dose of rest ready for seeking breakfast as the streets were being cleaned below.

***

La Taberna de Minerva at the start of Calle Mayor out of the damp, fog which clings against the gutters and streetlights ominously like a pretend friend. And I am a little apprehensive about today: but nothing that tostados con tomate and café largo cannot remedy?

Comments

Popular Posts