Añe after a siesta

First true Albergue of this outting and what a relief. Away from condescending bar staff who often fleece me at every opportunity - pig tails indeed - it's 99% bone and 1 percent skin, sure Lola would wolf it down, but then she's related to one (and I am sure she carries just one too many rat genes as she goes noising around).

Back in the early 1980s what I recall was my first Chinese take-away experience included lots of bones, in batter, deep fried and called sweet and sour - inedible!

Truly I love those people who cater to every possible need in their positions, but I am completely on my own with the usual surroundings of an Albergue. Simple and comfortable, and next door to the bar where the hostesses were very hospitable - I had no money, as I rarely draw any out these days because all the ATMs add a arbitrary charge, and they don't take bank cards but the younger señorita suggested I send them the cost of their excellent Menu del Dia and the evenings accommodation via my on line banking (IBAN) - she was super surprised when it arrived in seconds. True, the Albergue is chilly, but I've just brewed up a pot of tea after a long, essential and restorative siesta cleansed my body of the after effects of Segovia, Spain's exit from the Copa Mundial and too many exceptional artisanal biscuits so close to bed time, on top of a couple of well earned vino blancos... They said supper is around 19:30pm, but I won't need such a large feed as at lunch?

Comments

Popular Posts