Sunday.

Just run a tepid bath! Forgot to turn on the boiler last night! Oh well I am clean. A bit chilled, but some people go swimming in freezing temperatures?

What an utter waste of a lovely afternoon yesterday! Why did I even suggest meeting Jason in Leeds on a Saturday for a drink before his meal on his birthday? The amount of people: it felt like the zombie apocalypse had come! I tried to contain my anxiety, but no amount of Antidepressants can make me enjoy what literally makes me want to run away screaming to then hide! I will never be back in to the enfolding of a Saturday - like a guy once said to me - avoid Leeds on a Saturday like the plague is in town!

***

This morning I am attempting to walk towards Wetherby from my flat via this new road system, around Red Hall, which has a pedestrian bridge over between Elmete Lane and Wetherby Road. Although my left foot is playing up this week... It's going to be a nice, warm, unseasonably warm, November day so better use the vitamin D which will be available along the way - shorts on, trousers in the backpack!

It's foggy! So far... At Roundhay Park gates: just found a fiver on the way passed Spencer Place...

***

Around 5 hours into the Mews which is packed to the rafters due to remembrance day. The beer isn't my sort. Too hoppy. The other one was too bitter. There is a porter... Next?

***

I spent very little time in the Mews last week - generally the beer they now sell is 'weak' - charmless or faceless like this faux Spanish beer Madri... And the clients! The cluster that now own the table facing the entry - so like spiders - that they may watch potential prey, coming and going, from their privileged position and the way they occupy the table without being in the building - they advertise themselves 'Rollo and Elvis' - two distinctly crap dogs 'owned' by solid shits of people... I left after two halves and one bottle; for the first time in years (since the initial lockdown) I bought a bottle of a St Peter's Brewery Plum Porter and enjoyed it at my mum's, after dinner, and after I'd walked Lola (with her laid alongside me on the sofa), while mother watches the Yorkshire Farm Family.

Comments

Popular Posts