journal entry ending Sunday 20th.

What happens when a missile goes missing, into a neighbours region, and no one is claiming responsibility, but it's probably from The Ukraine in error - human or computer error. If Biden says it's not Russian it must be true because the US knows everything which happens militarily in the World and is very confident. To say it is not Russian means it is either one of Russia's allies (Belarus) or The Ukraine itself getting it's 'settings' wrong.

All the rhetoric in the G20 makes Russia very isolated and backed into a corner: they respond with a wave of childish rockets thrown in tantrums from the cradle so recently rocked? Are these adults or children who run the nation's of the world?

It was The Ukraine!

***

Walking down to the corner of Albion Street and Boar Lane in the drench testing the Flecktarn rainproof with the failing seals, free chocolate and espresso and £2 left in the wallet from yesterday. A no cost morning.

Went for, hopefully, my final meal out for dinner and it was the worst experience going. I waited an aeon for a bowl of soup and, again, the starter came at the same time, the broth was tepid so the raw, badly sliced, beef was unpalatable: the presentation was good, but the construction was flawed. I guess they were rushed off their feet? But it didn't seem it. I complained about the soup and didn't pay for it and I noticed rotten lettuce on the plate with the 'good' spring rolls - but still paid for them. The server in charge was apologetic, but my first impression was terrible and I was quite looking forward to the soup: perhaps I really didn't need it anyway as the spring rolls filled the hole in my belly anyway and I didn't fork out another £20 because I haven't got a cooker...

And it's a week since I called LCC to get someone to install my cooker... luckily there was a load of smaller potatoes from my allotment at mum's waiting to be panfried. She enjoyed them too so it was good. A hearty lunch and dinner which Lola, obviously, also enjoyed...

The rain came down all day yesterday and the clouds were ominously dark all during daylight. A proper drench and the Flecktarn was wet out by the end so it'd be no good in Spain come December: it's and old coat(1991) and needs all the seams retaping.

***

Lovely day with Lola yesterday walking all the way from Crimple Lane to Valley Gardens and having plenty of fun on route, but I started a bit of a session there and it kind of undid the last three weeks of good me! It was a necessary reminder. So it's on the X99 to Wetherby for a quiet day and tomorrow perhaps a walk towards Leeds as the weather looks a little shady for the allotment... Or the allotment?

***

Definitely a right off of Saturday. After taking Lola, during a gap in the deluge, for an hour and leaving her with my sister I returned to mum's, watched two episodes of Ice Planet 2, made a rice dish and left mum for the remainder of the day: I slept until 6am from probably the same: alcohol takes such a lot out of me now that a day is always wasted: even if I am not so wasted? But I was I seem to recall: falling asleep on the sofa at the flat isn't ideal or polishing off all the sun-dates in the flat either... After ginking a litre of lemon water, I dug out the blanket and found the deepest part of the bed to burrow into sleep, but it doesn't matter? Yesterday I beat myself up about undoing all the positive things of the previous three weeks: I forgot my flaws and that I am not immortal! Oh, but Lola and I had such a lovely morning in Harrogate!

Comments

Popular Posts