some more thoughts.

I am looking in the wrong places for a miracle. Miracles are not of the body or this earth? There is something I know there is...

This lunchtime I ventured into The Light to get an appointment for various complaints: things which no amount of brown paper and vinegar can solve it. Jack and Jill - I've not heard that nursery rhyme in a long time...

***

Off for a walk. Yesterday I walked to Collingham, with Lola(2 hours,) and then ate all the remaining broad beans before a beautiful afternoon on the allotment(3 hours) - making inroads on the wilderness - then was pleasantly surprised by the plethora of choices in The Mews being offered by a Bavarian BraĆ¼haus Maxlrainer. Brilliant.

Now I am walking towards Wood Hall along Trip Lane on the Ebor Way for a coffee and a short break before I continue to Harewood.

Spectacular autumn morning in all its raiment or yellows, reds and browns, alongside green. In Linton... I got two windfall apples, a copy of Treasure Island - from the red phonebox which is a library - and a new tube of dropped Colgate. Time to stop for a double espresso.

***

Seventeen and a half miles and here I am in the Meanwood Tavern. I don't know why, but I kind of expected more from it. It's got nothing exciting on tap. It's certainly not Turk's Head. But is a good job... All that straining to reach nothing worth writing home about. It's just East of Arcadia with a lick of paint and renamed; and there are Hipsters everywhere...

***

Day one of dog sitting for Ruby on Chestnut Avenue and it's drawing to a close around 18:30 as the sun disappears beyond the horizon for several hours.

This afternoon I took Ruby down to the Ings to chase Gulls: she was in her special place barking madly as they scattered ahead of her delving. Tomorrow Ruby and Lola in the morning and perhaps a little 'allotmenteering' later as I am clearing it ready for the onset of winter and preparing it for another year: the third(if we are still here courtesy of Vladimir Putin) where the plot, with the assistance of Leslie and Janet may get a better yield?

Comments

Popular Posts