Dogs on Chestnut Avenue

Ruby is a bed hogging dog. To say she's so petite for a Vizsla she moves continually against any space which appears between myself and her: but, foolishly, I let her share the bed last night when I could easily have put her in the crate, left her on the couch or shown her mummy's bed... It's all good.

As the rain falls heavily on the velux window panes I dwell on the ticket to Reus I booked last night: 14th October to get away to the Mediterranean once more for perhaps another two weeks walking somewhere away from where autumn comes on leaps and bounds?

All the memories of that trip back in June: during the first heatwave of 2022 have presented themselves for my mental enjoyment. It's funny how easy those memories pop out from the recess, or the crevice, they hide away in deep in the mind... I can stay until before half term and come back to Leeds Bradford for €14.99...

***

Just a brief walk with Ruby who is also, like me, struggling from our night in the same bed! Here I am in BAE feeling a bit rougher for an espresso: it's too busy! And the Huxley novel is a difficult start. I think I am interested in it, but not 100% sure... Leaving before my bowels explode.

***

Got through a difficult night's sleep: the cricked neck is now at the don't move or it hurts stage, but I slept well otherwise: Lola was peaceful by my side and I've definitely recovered the lost sleep from Ruby on Friday night.

For tea yesterday I ate very plainly, white rice and a simple chicken, leek and mushroom thing that Mo had left, and suffered none of the bowel issues of the previous from the slightly under done burger on Fridays plate. Apart from three halves all day yesterday I didn't drink anything other than water.

Lola's had her breakfast and both her and Ruby are back in Lalaland on the lounge sofa. I've prepared my breakfast: patatas bravas. Plainly made with salt, pepper and a little Paprika.

Comments

Popular Posts