The End of Dog Sitting for Friends!

The final day of this long dog sitting summer. Ruby is asleep up at Chestnut Avenue, but with an empty stomach, as she barely touched her breakfast, after the lovely early morning walk. It was just the two of us: often she came for a cuddle and kiss along the way - such a cutie and very delicate

Took Iskara and David some courgettes (mine and a couple from Ruby's 'pawrents' as I can't get to the allotment today really), touched base with Archie Bub and returned their second set of keys. They will definitely have me again, but I am not sure I could do another school holidays in Wetherby, unless the few individuals all cease to exist here? That's the wrong thing to think, but I mayest...

Thou mayest. Not thou shalt. God gave us a choice to sin or not, to be good or bad, to be up or down. I chose down...

***

Left Ruby around noon having walked Lola and her around 7. She was still off her food... No bother. She ate the two boiled eggs and kidney, but not the raw meat aspect - they do keep it frozen prior to serving so perhaps she only likes it frozen? But I've never had the problem prior to this...

Came back with all my stuff, washed it ready for Tuesday and stayed at 42 with my mother, who was happily singing to a Crowded House biopic on Sky Arts. She wanted a Chinese so I refused to collect and made her proper fried rice which she polished off.

This morning I am with the cafetière and Marnie Chesterton on Crowd Science from the BBC World Service. Where do insects go to in the winter? And now I know exactly who Adam Hart is! Two podcasts in two days (he was also featured on the Life Scientific). Are podcasts lazy? They aren't as comprehensive as a textbook on the subject... An acquaintance in Wetherby thinks they are, but still recommended a couple.

Comments

Popular Posts