Sunday day five... getting to Vézelay?

Coming out of the Forest between Écouen, the Château, Bois d'Écouen and Chemin d'Enghien and am back in Paris... 9 kilometres from Saint Denis?

***
Only €30 to stay in Maison D'Accueil Ephrem, again, but to hang around for 5 hours in touristic hell is/was incredible...

People talking hurriedly in English around a communal table, because they hoped to draw me into a portraiture: some drugged up caricature... No thank you. 

***

Sunday morning and I made it through Montmartre on a Saturday afternoon/early evening waiting for the Maison to open to receive me at 8:15pm. Such a long time in the most tedious, unreal representation of Paris you could wish for.

But now I don't know where to go. I don't wish to go along the same route I traced in March, and there is an option going south out of Paris via Massy towards Orleans: a possibility, but can I walk to it from here: again, followed by another 17kms to Longpont-sur-Orge... I thought of catch a train to Massy and continuing towards Orleans... But after that I've been the route along the Loire to Tour.

In 2014 I stopped just prior to Poitiers in Chatellerault. In 2018(I think) I walked from Limoges which comes from Vézelay... Two or three options. I'd prefer not to walk today, but I hesitate to stay in Paris too nights as it is extremely energy and money sapping...

Vézelay isn't too far away and there is a not too expensive train around 12:30 from Bercy. Gives me time to meander through Paris again to the south, which I have never seen... No walking today. Must be well rested for leaving Vézelay on Monday and heading towards Limoges for around 9 or 10 days. I am not sure how long it might take, but I think the last four from Beauvais to Paris have got me prepared again.

This morning I was considering bolting back to Blighty, but that would be absolutely stupid...

Comments

Popular Posts