am day four. bye bye Loire.

Everything is a bit damp this morning. It definitely rained during the evening, but the bed was a little sweaty because it had a rubberised cover below the disposable sheets so my stuff is a little damp... Perhaps my sweat was enough for the stuff above me to get damp: I did wake up drenched before midnight, when I didn't know where I was in the pitch black...

Not sure if I fancied a slightly stale Tradi baguette with Boudin in it so I just fed the fish crossing the second bridge to the shining lights of the café Le Berry. Don't waste food I hear you say, but by the time the baguette has saturated and sunk into La Loire it'll be eaten by fish, prawns etc. A bit of blood is something every fish goes for?

Day 4 and Bourges is 49 kilometres away as the cars fly which is definitely 2 days on the Chemin, but one long and one shorter... Not sure about having two days to reach it? Or even one... Ha ha. Auto-stop... First things first: coffee and croissant times two... Jeudi that will get me to Bourges on Vendredi if I don't auto-stop today. I am a bit lonely on this well walked Chemin...

In the sack I still have two pieces of cheese and 4 hard boiled eggs, plus a litre of fresh water. That's my elevensies sorted. At eight I depart once more on the Voie de Vézelay!

Comments

Popular Posts