Thursday morning, 18th August.

Dull this Thursday morning. At 5:30 am I rolled over, picked up the phone and switched it on - believing it to be earlier. Now I am considering running a bath and bathing this ape while Archie sleeps more. Just eaten the last of the porridge I made on Tuesday evening and had two coffees. Usual morning rituals: finishing off a podcast about cigarettes, smoking - Tobacco and Me in which I wonder at why some people have these kinds of meaningless crusades: people kill themselves a billion ways every day. In life we are also in death. If, in the 21st century, when we know all the damage 'things' do to us, we still kill ourselves faster, daily, what will ever change?

Two nights of sobriety and I am righteous on my crusading while I sit and ponder the slowness of the water pressure in this abode...

Free to do as we are told...

Comments

Popular Posts