Saturday pm.

Out for a coffee, chocolate and a chapter of East of Eden. Now to keep away from Bar Three or The Mews. Will instead call in on Alan and Diane on my way back to collect Archie, take him to Mother's and bring Lola out. She was so odd this morning as she continually crept between my legs in an affectionate fashion! I think she's suffering from not having much interaction with me? I will make it up Sunday week when that will be a day dedicated to her entirely! First day of the Leeds Festival so my sister has shunted off there for what's it worth. I couldn't imagine anything I'd dislike more: except perhaps an afternoon at Elland Road...

***

Good day yesterday, including going to the brewery to watch a band play standards with Nick, who looked a train ticket to watch Everton at Brentford just like that! £106 return train ticket... Never been to the home of The Bees so he wanted to visit. He must have a good income to afford it and a mortgage in Wetherby...

Slight hangover this morning and I am supposed to be heading to Harrogate later to meet up with Glenn and Mark, but I don't think I have the inclination to go on the bus... Really I could go and just drink soda. It's not a long journey there and back after all. But I never drink just Soda.

Lola was better this morning, after a massive and runny poo on the verge alongside Tatterton House on York Road, finding rabbit carcass to consume on Raby Park. Perhaps she was under the weather yesterday: panting, laying down and struggling to walk ... There is more mortality in her currently! But I do wish she wouldn't scavenge even though that is her characteristic?

***

End of Saturday; out for nearly an hour with Archie and Lola around the triangle section of the railway, a brief lay down at 42 Braine Road - so much quieter than 45 North Street - before Charles opposite knocked and disturbed the dogs just as I was hovering about snoozeville.

A real relief that I decided not to go to H'gate to see Glenn and Mark: my body was rejecting something from last night most of the day. Perhaps the beers at the Brewery or those Kabanos snacks which always seem to appear when Nick and I have had a couple beyond sensible? It was a good evening - Archie and I left when it was dark, and too busy for me. Just before the band came back from their break midway. Nearly seven and in the morning early with these two. Tomorrow is officially 7 days left of dog sitting duties: I can finally put a wedge between myself and Wetherby with it's ways... 

Comments

Popular Posts