Friday 26th August 2022, am.

Hopped on the X70 just after 2pm for a, final, trip to Harrogate with Archie. Things will be a little more confusing come Friday afternoon until Thursday (when Archie's owners return) as I've Lola this afternoon too, will probably have to visit Emma's to feed her fish and come Tuesday will have Archie, Lola and Ruby for three days. Could all three nestle down up on Chestnut Avenue for those two nights ... I am tempted to try that as Lola has slept there with me previously and so has Archie and Ruby tolerated both of them separately...

That trip to Harrogate - I think I was drunk from the final two beers and, perhaps, should have got the earlier bus back. Not a terrible night's sleep, but not ideal. A slight hangover around 4, as St James's Church chimed that hour, so at 5:30am I rolled over for another half an hour.

Meeting up with Nick was probably the error of Thursday's trip, as I usually only have a half in the several bars before coming back this way, and we stayed in Cold Bath Brewery for a few and I bought a Belgian strong ale which I didn't need, but wanted because the beer that brewery makes is quite uninteresting to me with my malty palate...

About to head out with Archie for an hour and will pick up Lola at some point on the way back to Mum's or bring her back her to see what she thinks about hanging out with us? Andy from the allotment mentioned something about going to the Mews this afternoon but I won't be, I may just give him the large heirloom tomato which I picked a couple of days ago (as long as mother hasn't started carving it up?

Comments

Popular Posts