Friday the 12th August 2022

So far so full/busy. From the moment I left the house with Archie at 6:40am and sat down to write this account at 12:45pm.

Lola and Archie are both enthroned in their separate positions. Lola on the sofa and Archie in Lola's usual chair(don't let anyone know, though)!

This morning I feel that another attempt to bridge a gap between Adrian and me has fallen into the ravine once more... He told me not to pick any of the tomatoes (I gave him) 'please'. They've turned into 'his' tomatoes rather than ones I nutured since February then gave him... Maybe I am misinterpreting his meaning, but at no point was I considering taking any of 'his' tomatoes even though I have tended to them ever since I gave them to him... He's often away for 2 weeks and they will die of thirst if this Summer of '20 continues along the same lines?

At the allotment I watered everything and pruned a lot of courgettes and have dug up the vast majority of the Swift(or Rocket) first earlies. Most are looking good...just a couple have weevils burrowing. Andy's already planning what to do when my area is finished with...

***

Mum let me stay at her's last night, with Archie. A single night away from the constant traffic along North Street. After I'd watched her for a couple of hours chose particularly banal programmings on CBS reality, and entertained a glass or two of poplike awful Prosecco with Archie and her, I left her to fester. Like Davros the chef Dalek she sits there with controls of her life in her hands, as well as a often forgotten cup of stagnant milky tea.

***

A continuation of the wonders of this summer with the clear blue skies. Archie had joined me for our hour together, prior to collecting Lola to go for an early morning, heat beating, meander as I drink French roast coffee from a cafetière.

Comments

Popular Posts