A trip to Harrogate.

Archie and I caught the 1pm X70 to Harrogate to walk across the Stray into Harrogate for a couple of hours before catching the same bus back, just, at 5pm.

A three hour break from Wetherby: so necessary to break up the monotony! But now I am 14 days left of Archie and we're very close together at 45 North Street: he is so very happy laid by my side as the sun breaks over the horizon.

The trip yesterday invigorated him too: I can see that due to his antics on The Stray, once the bus deposited us at the stop opposite the Harrogate General Hospital, and before we crossed over the road into Harrogate.

A few of our options were curtailed as Major Tom's was shut until four and two of the venues were closed until mid afternoon. Ideally I wanted to eat a pizza in Major Tom's and miss out The Starling, which I don't like really because it's simply too busy by the door(where you're allowed with dogs) and no one behind the bar ever smiles, however the first beer I had there was very enjoyable which I can't say is true of the final one in Harrogate Tap: the barman has zero expression and always asks me what I want the instant I get to the bar(I have to look as there are a lot to chose from). In the end I got ripped off by them for a Tripel Karmelit @ £7.50 a bottle which made me run for the bus back to Rail Balk Lane. Next time I am in Harrogate I will not go to either Starling (too busy) or Harrogate Tap(too expensive). 

Comments

Popular Posts