A relief.

A much needed night at the flat after a calm late afternoon around Leeds, enjoying people's company: people who I know do not judge me for being who I am, and reading more of East of Eden until Belgrave got too noisy and busy, as the DJ changed his musical style and a crowd who were attending a gig ballooned the previously threadbare solace of a place I found to read and have a dirty burger. Around 8 I headed back to the flat where a little later a helicopter was circling above Harehills for some time. After it departed and the children on the estate below went to bed I slept soundly, too, and woke up refreshed at 6am.

Time for a bath shortly then a stroll across town to catch the X98 and get to my mum's around 8:30 in time for Lola and Archie together...

***

I am satisfied with today. Made a decision to give up on the allotment by the time of my renewal - the Dudley's at 58 can put stuff in the plot too - I need to begin facing away from Wetherby once more. As Lola ages and requires me less and less (but not entirely without input) it is better for my survival and sanity that I don't spend any longer than absolutely necessary in Wetherby. This dog sitting summer is nearly over. I am not rushing and am going to enjoy it for the next few days; Archie, Ruby and Lola are worth the effort and they improve my mental health with their love... But I resent mostly everyone and everything that represents Wetherby in my mind and it's no good for me to be here continually bouncing off my projected negativity: I can tell myself I am putting too much hatred into something totally valueless, but it's a continual task to not stumble into toxic loathing of it?!?

Today I walked into the Mews and did a complete 180°, exiting as soon as Brotherhood of Man came on corroding my soul! Archie took me there for a treat (which he got) but was a little puzzled by my speedy flight...

Comments

Popular Posts