There and back again.

When did flan become quiche?

Anyway I ate one on the train back to Leeds from the day trip to Carlisle. Interesting city and possibly a place I'd visit again, but passing through the Eden valley and then the Ribble coming south the views were 'stunning' and it made me think about next week and the week afterwards... I definitely need to walk and forget the drink. Because that is all I am otherwise?

And I am definitely putting on some weight. Yesterday, in Carlisle, prior to walking along the Eden eastwards, crossing the Victorian footbridge and coming back through Stanwix and down Scotland Road, I had eaten a pork pie and a sausage roll from an established butcher opposite the Market Hall on Fisher Street, but it's the wrong food!

What's happening Daniel? Why are you managing that fine line less and less well. The road to hell is littered with good intentions!

It was a day out. But the trip on the train was quite tiring in itself. And I couldn't just come straight back to the flat... Why not. There is nothing wrong with being here and being silent. Walking up Briggate to North Street I didn't meander too much. A third in FoH, a third in Turk's Head and a can in Brownhill and Co before one half and a can in Belgrave with a burger and then two bottles of Kindl Berliner Weisse in The Brunswick (watching the antics of two scallywags coming into the bar and vaping).

My feet are tingling today...so I definitely binged. Staying in Wetherby this evening. Mum managed two steady walks with Lola.

Start again. A clean slate. The day before yesterday was a great day and so was yesterday until I missed the train at 1340 and was forced back in to Carlisle centre for an hour and two halves in The Last Zebra on Botcher Street. Then a pint of something in 301 on the station platform and then one can of Settle Brewery Bitter (very very good).

Start again. Clean day. 

Comments

Popular Posts