Saturday morning.

Penultimate day with Ruby. Mo and Tony have returned to Dubrovnik for a final night before they return to Chestnut Avenue. I've Ruby alongside me. Yesterday she was pretty tired all day from Thursday adventure to Newton Kyme, Rudgate and Boston Spa - Lola was the same.

Yesterday I managed to get to the allotment for a couple of hours to dig some potatoes: which I gave away to Andy, Jason and mum's neighbours. Also I collected some peapods and ate them with Ruby before I left her to pop to the Brewery to catch up with Jason, Nick and Adrian. Too many Abbey beers and the usual cheese and cake shoveling affair, but I slept pretty well until 5 and didn't come down until 6.

Just finishing off the stove top coffee prior to making breakfast - I boiled some basmati rice in the liquor I'd reserved from the steamed Charlotte potatoes I'd had for lunch. The ones I gave away were Swift variety. At some point today I will put courgettes in the space I cleared.

Ruby is very used to my ways. We have a lovely 'good morning' wriggle around 6 and then she drifts back into slumber around 7. 

Comments

Popular Posts