Saturday morning, 9th July.

I didn't have much time to write anything yesterday as I set off with Lola early to collect Ruby, catch the number 7 bus the Rudding Lane and walk into Harrogate via the showground, Hornbeam and Hookstone. Once on the Stray we stopped a moment to relax then headed along to the Prince of Wales roundabout and West Park. Catching the bus back without any 'distractions' and getting back to Ruby's just as Maureen and Tony had left for Kilburn.

Some kind of fundamental falling out with mother occurred yesterday and I realise I have forgotten all the miracles of the previous ten years so I am facing the same individual I left in 2013. The new miracle is seeing it.

As I lay on the grass beneath the blue sky, as the clouds drifted by, I listened to a couple of songs, relaxed and went to bed.

In the wee hours some noises woke me and I had to locate a high frequency sound so I could return to another two hours slumber. And I returned to the breath, as I'd switched off the culprit, and went and gave Ruby a good morning cuddle at 6.

It's just her, the allotment and the duties Mo has assigned me, for their long weekend away, until Monday morning when I may have Lola alongside or might not as I think mum's ungratefulness yesterday left me quite stunned, surprised, depressed and ready to be just me again. Two years minus 7 weeks at the start of Lockdown and I've been at her beck and call...

Comments

Popular Posts