Not a whimper? neither a bang...

People are afraid of wasps like I am fearful of people. Wasps are never fearful. They haven't the time on their 'hands' for worries. A worried hornet would be a wonderful image to cast in bronze, a la Rodin.

A book is bought from a second hand book shop. Thousands of antique French novels and a small crate of English language novels and one French novel translated into English. The Heart-Keeper by Françoise Sagan. The backpack is empty so an extra short novella won't count.

Sent a Blablacar request this morning, but the driver hasn't responded. There are plenty of buses between Amiens and Beauvais, but so far I had managed not to involve myself in that form of public transport. Just trains. Trains are romantic. Buses are so tedious on life's metalled highways. One tedious journey...

Here we are with a basket of pain and a container of Choquoise to accompany the Gasper beer made from old French bread. Happiness is these three things and the Quai alongside the Somme.

And then a Vizsla. I was feeling very low until a few bars of Bentley Rhythm Ace Midlander(there can only be one) swept me on my way. The Green Corner is the highlight on a banal strip. At the other end a good Ramen in FuFu, but it was very intense with the wok bot who was striding around at opening time. Ramen is a calm affair. The chopsticks were to viscous so I asked for a disposable set.

***

Actually I was thinking that Friday was going to go out with a whimper and not a bang. Then things began connecting again.

When I came down after my siesta on Thursday there was some local food cooperative handing out biologic veggies to those who subscribe. The lady who appeared to run it said the same people are at the Marché by the Hôtel de Ville on Saturday - which is where I am heading after I've eaten the La Bergerie yaourts de brebis, a banana and two café allongé. It's certainly busier this morning in the salle/refectory opposite the structure which houses the HI Auberge du Jeunesse (an old 18th century barracks).


Comments

Popular Posts