Monday 4th July.

Strong coffee this morning. I forgot what French roast was like! There is no comparison between Illy and Aldi! Aldi is rough? Perhaps two heaped table spoons is too many in a cafetière? I recall Carte Noir being a more mellow French Roast.

Back payment of Carer's Allowance hit my account this morning: mother and her knee! And I've managed to clear two debts that I wasn't going to clear until the end of summer, through dog sitting duties.

Lola is by my side again.  From 4 she was in my bed, from 6 in her seat and at 6:35 crawling all over me for her breakfast. Now she's in her post breakfast snooze around 7.

There was a breeze blowing this morning, but it appears to be dropping? We'll have a nice hour and then I will head back to Leeds to touch base with it.

Maureen thought I looked a little distracted when she arrived and perhaps I was? Even in the short space of time I was in my mum's company on Sunday morning there was the usual conflict about something and nothing...

***

Back to the flat around one for a siesta and now I am about to have a dip: the first for several days... Bring on the cleansing! Comprehensive clean of the bedroom and fresh sheets. Open windows to get fresh air into the flat: it was a little warm when I arrived this lunchtime.

Went to House of Fu for Ramen and Gyoza and swerved passed all the temptations and, with only a lemon and coconut milk, arrived at the new lift to share the short journey to the eleventh floor with the mess from the tenth.

Tomorrow is a day off Wetherby and I am getting out of Leeds. Perhaps along the Canal Towpath towards Saltire or catch the train somewhere a little further away for a longer walk.

The Scarpa boots I got replaced in Chichester back in May have gone back to the manufacturer: and I've a refund coming, but now I have only the worn pair of Altbergs or the ECCO sandals, which I am finding very comfortable. I bought a pair of Bridgedale waterproof breathable socks to wear along with the sandals on a more demanding and potentially muddy outing tomorrow (not that there has been much rain recently).

Collapsing into a fresh bed in a tidy room after a proper soak and cleanse. 69 Lovell Park Grange isn't the worst place to be by myself: it's my cell where I can be independent of everything beyond its walls, windows and exterior?

Comments

Popular Posts