GR21 day one.

Déville-les-Rouen for a detour slightly back on myself. Coffee and croissant. There is a stream passing north here. I guess it feeds the Seine. Am I walking today or am I sodding off back to England this evening?

***

Long day yesterday. Exhausted by the time I reached Cleres, where I noticed that a train was going through at 1431 so I polished off a Galette complet and arrived in Dieppe where I found just one bed in Neuville-les-Dieppe for €63.

Heading north east along the E9/GR21 passing Plage du Puys and it's memorial to the Canadian dead from the assault in 1942


This morning I was mindful of catching the ferry to the UK in this heatwave. And overall the cost of being in France for another 5 nights should be something I can manage? Newhaven to Leeds, via London, would've been expensive too...

Long morning along the coast. Finding a place for food was difficult, but, finally, I have a Repas filled belly for the afternoon craziness! It is just after 2pm, which was the transit. The sun is baring down on my back as I walk roughly north back onto the GR21. Had found an Airbnb, but they cancelled so I am looking for alternatives. There is a farm up ahead and a Gîtes...

Calm down! There is an apartment ahead! What a day. It's so warm, but now my cock is harder thanks to a bar selling Le Coq Hardi. What a joke.
I saw a dizzy Coq Hardi earlier - fizzing from the insane heat. The poor thing was absolutely lost... It wanted to go home, but had completely lost its sense of direction. And who wouldn't also on a day when the path was redirected away from a precipice and I thought bugger it and headed straight at it!
In another adventure I've also gone towards the vertical drop and hesitated not to go with gravity.

Tonight I am in Le Treport as I got a discount code due to the inconvenience of a cancellation after it had been approved. From here it's auto-stop.

Comments

Popular Posts