Friday 1st July.

For some reason I wrote nothing this morning! Perhaps I was just far too busy to write trivial gibberish?

It's raining nicely and Ruby is exhausted. Lola, her and I walked to Rudgate on the Boston Tadcaster road, into Boston Spa and then caught the number 7 to The Spinney up Spofforth Hill. We did around 12 miles with a little detour into the MOD munitions ruin on the edge of Thorp Arch Trading Estate.

This rain is good... And tomorrow will be a lesser day? I washed my clothes and had a bath. The allotment calls tomorrow...

...good morning. Slept satisfactory last night and Ruby didn't budge from her chosen spot on the sofa last night. Around 11:30 I came to check on her because I was fairly surprised she didn't come up to mummy's bed. Must've been fairly shattered from Thursday's long one.

The rainy evening continues into a spotty morning. The plants I watered didn't need it... But you never can tell at the moment? The weather seems to pass us by. Actually yesterday evening was the first persistent rainfall since May and will have done the allotment a lot of good?

July the 1st. The year is beyond half way through. And I don't like summer with the way it begins to collapse in on itself. The fecundity of Spring becomes the decay of Autumn during the extreme of Summer. A perpetual Spring would be the heaven of existence: following the sun as it heightens in the sky and returning with it in the other Hemisphere. Hunter gathers must've lived a similar life? 

Comments

Popular Posts