Saturday morning, day three of the Jubilee.

Walked out of Leeds up Scott Hall Road, through Moortown Corner and Primley Park to Harewood via Eccup Reservoir but I didn't once feel in the zone mentally or physically.

It's the first distance I had covered since I walked with Michael from East Dean to Birling Gap and along the Seven Sisters. Back then I wasn't feeling it either...

On Thursday I ate healthy and didn't drink so I was fine on Friday morning for a meander... Once I reached the bridge over Eccup Beck in Harewood Park I knew I couldn't walk any further.

As I left my flat in the morning I walked for roughly an hour to Chapel Allerton, but I was just too early for anywhere to stop for breakfast, except Caffé Nero - but a pain aux raisin isn't substantial enough - and it might've also been closed!

The couple of places I might of stopped were ten minutes away from opening so I walked along Harrogate Road up to Moortown. The one place I found - Lan's - had some alarm going opposite so I stopped briefly for a cinnamon roll... It wasn't enough and then I passed another one around the bend of the parade of shops - Comptoir - where I got a take away veggie sausage sandwich, but it wasn't enough. Why didn't I just wait the ten minutes in Chapel Allerton? Impatience.

Anyway I got the 36 bus back from the south entrance to the Park, where the Leeds Country Way goes across the A61 to Wike, and came back for lunch, a bath and a lay down.

Around 2 I walked up to Headingley to catch up with Glenn and Mark, who I hadn't seen in months. After a fun afternoon and early evening I walked back to Meanwood to catch the 52 and to eat the remainder of the pasta meal I made for lunch. All very clean. But I still woke up at 3 and sought sleep for a while before, at 6, I got up and made a coffee... My guts! The beers... Unpasteurised! Not necessarily good for ones bowels: especially hoppy affairs 

...

And now I am not sure if I will be going to Spain to walk from Monday... Just too warm for a Camino (28°C)...

***

Comments

Popular Posts