Leaving the Delta

30 kilometres by 1300. That's too much without any shade, for the last 10, back alongside the Canal. There is no more tedious Camí...but I am back in the Mercat Municipal to compensate with Boquerones Fritas, vino and pan.

Six hours of this life. There and back again... It's a wonderful wonderful life... This morning I thought of going to La Rapita on the morrow... But the best breakfast I had so far was in Cambrils...

***

I am lonely. No amount of meaning hidden beneath words can cover up this truth. There is nothing and no one (but God, the universe and everything) that helps here.

After another pointless walk on my own, sweating and swearing, starring at the horizon and wondering why this activity and what do I do this for all I want now is to touch down in a place I feel closer to: home...

Back northwards in the morning...

***

Glenn suggested that if nothing presents itself as a solution to sleep on it. I slept on it, but I still am not sure which direction to head. The further south I get the longer any day getting back towards Reus would be, but the flight isn't early so such a journey wouldn't be a mistake; it might be a killer in the heat however. Additionally I am not 100% sure that I can pay with a bank card on the local buses which goes towards Tortosa, if I went to Sant Jaume d'Enveja to catch one and couldn't pay, I'd have to walk to La Rapita...

... I am going north.

Comments

Popular Posts