Friday morning. Leaving Leeds

Groundhog Day. Dry retching from strong coffee. In Pret at the Train Station I decide not to take another coffee: I usually take a strong espresso. A ginger shot and a breakfast baguette: avocado and egg. A different approach to the same 24hrs. Usually I have a pain aux raisin and double espresso. Otherwise this day feels exactly the same as Saturday or Wednesday did.

Some random guy asked if I was heading to the cricket... Must be my attire. It's how I dress - there is nothing fancy about a pair of sandals, a pair of shorts, a short sleeved shirt (guayabera) or a floppy hat: it is summer!

If Australia were here I may be tempted to sit and watch that the Test Match all day.. but not against New Zealand. The rivalry isn't there and I have no connection to New Zealand at all. It is a real shame that it's so far away and that we never went there as a family, or I as a unit, when we could've done in the late 1980s.

***
 
And I am the first person onto the bus. On Wednesday I was second. Initially I took the usual seat, but trying to buck my trends I forced myself over to the right-hand side of the lower floor.

In the night I am positive I heard two gun shots. After this I closed the windows and accepted the heat of the 11th floor. This morning I washed my bedding for once I return: there appeared to be some blood strains on the duvet cover.

On the X98 @ 7:30am - the busiest bus towards Wetherby in the morning as it gets everyone who needs to be there there. Leaving the flat at exactly the same time 6:46am didn't give me enough time to get to Boar Lane to catch the X99.

Comments

Popular Posts