etapa una

End of day one! But it's only noon. I am in the Alberg de pelegrins d'Amposta because at 11 I thought it's suddenly too hot for a long afternoon  towards Tortosa - 20 kilometres done since leaving els Muntells around 6:15am.

The ex-president, wife and current president were very helpful, but the ex-president was giving me a headache: too much information for the future. I don't like to see too far ahead on the Camino. Each day should be as it comes - especially in this heat?

I am here now. The bed is made. There isn't much to the kitchen (it's entire without condiments, coffee machine, etc) but I am the 7th Peregrino since they opened in October. They are trying to develop the way from here so I wish them success.

There doesn't look like there is too much to concern myself with here in Amposta, but I couldn't walk any further.

The ex-president tried to show me the way tomorrow but he led me into the sun! Minus the floppy hat I couldn't do it and I already have the way ahead...

He was excited, I could see, but he didn't see he was overwhelming me? Hostelleros often do that to me and I couldn't be rude to generous hospitality: they charged me nothing... His wife and the current president saw I was drowning in too much information and made their way, with the ex-president limping along afterwards.

The central mercat opens at 7 in the morning so I probably can hang about... 

La Granola for lunch. I thought everything was closing up and one of the establishments on the market square was Bolshe drunk already. A Menu de dias €16. Interesting ham 'cake' for starter - which was a loaf with a French toast aspect, spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce - with a solitary Padron on the top - and I asked for another measure of vino Blanco so there will be a supplement.
 

Comments

Popular Posts