Deltebre. Sunday.

Truthfully this was a challenging six days. Walking in this heat, through the Costa and up the Ebro has made me wonder...



Tomorrow morning I am walking to the end of the Delta: Ruimar, before the space and heat can undo me (and leave me starring into the corner of the apartment: like an imbecile)!

And now I am discovering many many bites on my head. The kind of nibbles are some I have known before, but didn't associate with bedbugs!
Perhaps I've had them with me more often than I care to recall? For instance in Villahermosa, and then on a long distance coach between Chiquimula and Flores and I am almost sure in Oaxaca... I blamed Mosquitoes, but they were innocent...



***

What would I do if a woman gave me a gift I've not been presented with since 2012... I've no idea! Perhaps I'd run, speedily, to the hills from which I descended this morning?

I went to Lidl to buy coffee for the Italian espresso stove top they've in the apartment and I've returned via Bar Anaïs which is either pineapple or something about cavities...

***

I've decided that the bites on my ankle, which burn, are provided by Asiatic mosquitoes, those that itch on my head were presented by bed bugs. There are subtle differences, as this burning isn't an aspect of bed bug bites (in my experience). It's the difference between different varieties of grapes in white wine.. They're all a kind of vino blanco but are approach the liver along separate pathways...

Comments

Popular Posts