Down off the Downs

Tough walk down off the Downs into Clanfield. I was stood at the wrong bus stop for a while so had to walk to Drift Road to connect with the First Bus number 8.

As I was by a parade of shops I went into Chandler's , but I just had the worst/most lackluster of all the breakfasts eaten since Thursday morning. It was £10 and small, undercooked and uninspired, but then again the proprietor said Crossant not croissant...

... Funny old day. We did a lot of tourist stuff. Portchester, which was excellent for coffee, church, view and a walk along to the bus stop via Stargate prototypes. But I was always exhausted from the running of a warm tap in the room up on top of the Sustainability Centre. But I am still going just before nine.

We're staying at the Nag's Head where I end today with a fantastic pint of Harvey's Best Bitter. Tomorrow we head east to the Cuckmere Haven...

Michael and I went back into the happy groove so that the walk from awful Portchester train station to Roman Portchester was a breeze and the area about there isn't crap, even if Portsmouth feels like it is...

After that circuit of the fort, the second in two days, with its coffee and cake, we did OK. But I could find little joyous in Portsmouth apart from student's bottoms delivering me to the guild hall (circa 1890) and station (circa 1972).

In Cirencester I planned our tomorrow after another Inn night with the promise of English Breakfast or Porridge? Oh I dream of oatmeal...

Comments

Popular Posts