Day One. getting the right head on!

It's raining, and it's pouring, the old man was snoring. But now I am awake.

Morning of Day One - task for today is getting settled in Southwark for the evening before heading out. We must be in Puttenham by Friday, which is a little after Guildford. But I'm not sure whether to get to the Pilgrim's Way directly south, slightly south west or follow the ancient way to Cirencester - Stane Street, which would miss out Dulwich... Google maps suggests Leatherhead is 6 hours walk from Southwark...

Dulwich didn't come up with any accommodation and it's just too short a stage for the first day out. If I only walk a couple of hours I'll be so God Damn drunk for walking on Friday we wouldn't get to Puttenham!

***

This morning my other head is on my body. Like Wurzel Gumage I have various craniums depending on the particular set of variable I see ahead of myself. Building up to today I was quaking with my worried head, but this morning I am bright and sunny with this Camino skull sat firmly on my spinal column.

Comments

Popular Posts