Back into the mainstream.

At 1620 I realised I didn't blog today. Too busy with nothing happening. I slept well in the Z-bed in the spare room as we've AirBNB in my room. Apparently I was making noise at 5:30, but I had to stir mother at 8 so she wasn't so disturbed.

Back in Leeds now to spend money I don't have in the hope of conviviality, but I've something covering my face: fifty years of dust...

How do the crows living in cities feel about their relatives rurally, who live in murders differently, do they have a concept of a city or the countryside?  I don't want to go home. It's not my home. Nothing is. These crows circle in the same manner, but over a different carrion. It's not 6. I've a heap of chard to drown myself in, but I don't want to go home.

It's the end of the week and the end of a long 10 days being different with Michael. Suddenly I am missing him, it and them. Those moments. I am rock solid from English Breakfasts, but I turned the corner: if I didn't turd in the corner!

Obviously I look for happiness in all the wrong areas and with the hope, with the wrong people. I've chard aplenty...

***

A good night's sleep, if a little sweaty, as the skies have opened properly for the first time: my allotment is dying for this rain. It was a little humid in my flat last night.

Monday morning. Back into the familiar routine of heading to Wetherby on the 8am X99 bus to look after mum and Lola - I'll be staying there until Wednesday hopefully.

It looks like Michael will walk with me again in September in Portugal: the next time I can afford it. It gives my feet a chance to recover?

Prior to going to London I purchased a pair of ECCO sandals which definitely relieve the stress caused by the boots I was wearing on the way.

After I'd been at the allotment I took off my knackered pair of Altbergs and walked to my mum's with the tug and a basket of chard leaves. The allotment looked fecund yesterday: still there was a lot of weeds to grub up: roots and all.

Dan's wife's mother(mother-in-law) gave me a couple of net coverings which I didn't look at previously: thank you Margaret! They are perfect for the strawberries and peas, which are getting established.

Truly I enjoy my time on the allotment and I should really live closer to it, but I can't afford Wetherby. And the dangers of Wetherby: it's banality, definitely outweigh Leeds's dirt, dangerousness and degradation, or does it? Litter does not gather around Wetherby, forgotten, like it does as soon as you leave LS1, because the wombles are more active in response to keeping the mess down - it's an artificial clean, but it is done by folks who like their neighbourhood to gleam. I am never happy anywhere...

Comments

Popular Posts