The Santé Mentale Journey.

Today was so challenging. If this Chemin hasn't already tipped me beyond rescue today surely has? From 7:30am it was rain, heavy or persistent, you take your measure?

This morning I left the farm house, a 15th century Grange or Manor which was, apparently, dedicated to Saint Tobias? However I might be completely wrong about the name of the saint - at that point I lost the host... it was very ancient, the wooden interior spoke centuries. 

Turned left, after the out buildings, and through an ancient forest - where I heard a barking in the near distance, but it wasn't a wolf, a fox or a dog: stood opposing me was a huge stag. As I stood and faced, he faced and stood then, as I moved, he barked and a whole troop fled away from the cleft between us.

At an acute angle, before the deluge, I was turned by the GR/Chemin Saint Jacques back on myself. For a little while I considered its 'touristic' twists and turns, but then decided it was impossible and followed the velo route instead.

When I stopped for a coffee and croissant in Mosnes I knew I was dampening, but this was 13 Kms before I could stumble into Amboise and it's souvenir nonsense, below the Castle; I've never heard of Amboise before...

Last night there were some breaks in the dark clouds. Overnight the storm grew, throwing some brooms against my door in the night(like a clatter of bones) and this morning it is directly at my forehead, coming off the Atlantic and up the Val de Loire, I am unlikely to move beyond Café Des Arts.

Comments

Popular Posts