the end, part une?

I've realized I am a lucky man. Serendipity is the means by which life unfolds. To be true take the suggestions presented. I tried very hard to find a place to stay for under €40 in Limoges, but there is some event on here until Sunday: so the place is complet and I was wondering if I could sleep at the airport this evening? I've done it before: but I slept on the floor better then... now I hardly sleep without some cushioning.

Having left the Tourisme with no where: no place for pilgrim or place for tourist, I was stranded in Limoges. Second bite of the city since 2018 and it was playing against me again. Last time the SÅ“urs Franciscan was full and this time closed because they have no electricity: that's mendicant pour vous!

Up to Les Halles, just as it was closing at 3pm, and I saw Greenville... and the rest would appear to be history. I've got to walk to Rue de Strasbourg, 39, and the proprietor (Richard/Ricard) of Greenville is willing, even with his GF arriving around 8pm, to stay in his son's (who is absent) room.

I got the final 'green' box, a ginger beer, yaort and a blonde beer and he sends me with love to La Locale until I must present myself at his abode. It gives me another 30mins-ish...

The end of another Chemin Saint Jacques...

A French play on words: Viennent - comes from - is also the river: Vienne... Where things come from? Yes a river. All of France is defined by the main rivers. Where the UK is defined by county towns, in a lot of cases, here in France it's defined by the river, sea or ocean...

Now ahead of me is a walk to the airport, as there are no buses to the airport on Sunday. My host last night suggested he give me a lift, but the airport is only 7 kilometres away and the sky is cobolt blue this Dimanche... Oh and I'm in Limoges so there are mosquitoes about: the Southern French dilemma: Asiatic Tiger Bastards...

Comments

Popular Posts