Saturday 23rd April.

Teaching Lola a new trick: waiting until seven for breakfast, regardless of how hungry she may be? She's pestered me, but now is curled up in her seat. She pawed me and crawled over me: insinuated herself quite obviously. Then she sits upright and thoughtful for a moment... As though she's learning something. She seems to be quizzical at this moment. It's an expression I like in her. Time must be very different for her to me. She's quite vocal when she wants something: whether to go outside for toilet, wants a rub, cuddle or another closeness, and when she's 'starving' she's yawny and stares directly at me. But I think I've conquered her expectation?

Same too in bed. She joins me for a bit then I tell her firmly to go back to her space when we're having a 'sleep over' - there was a time when we shared a double bed, but now I put her large double duvet and smaller matress next to the single one in my old room (having removed the base of the bed to the other side of the room). This morning snuggled up in her duvet with her head on her pillow. At around 5:45 we got up and began the day.

***

Now I am breakfasting after reorganizing the sweet corn I'd put in seed trays. There are now 20 in two PVC containers, ideal for carrying around and eventually taking to the allotment. Some bloody bird managed to pilfer a handful where I left them outside, so it's much safer on the window sill in my bedroom?

Next week looks terribly cold for the end of April - 10 degrees some days - but I don't think there is a frost at night?

***

The people who I dog sit for, Ruby, asked me if I'd be willing to look after someone else's dogs - three labradors. But I am trying to ween myself off dog sitting otherwise I won't be in a position to go back to work? I've Lola and Ruby to cater for from June until September and I feel that that is quite enough?

***

A tartine of blackcurrant jam for breakfast and continuation of vitamin D & B12 on top of antibiotics which may clear the infection on the left foot second toe - if it is a mosquito bite - and a lot of liquids prior to getting out with our girl at 8am on this bright but chilly Saturday morning. Mother is yet to stir...

It's Saint George's Day...

Comments

Popular Posts