Morning calling.

The birds in the world frame the way, but grey clouds sit heavy below the sky. The stillness is broken by the drone of traffic along Spofforth Hill reminding me that what I see outside the patio door isn't reality. It's a human construct on every level.

The dog by my side, and she decided to be by my side all night in bed (can such a small thing hog so much space)? She sees a pigeon alight on a distant chair. As she goes closer it has already gone to other bounty.

The clouds hold the promise of much needed rain. It's been dry since I left France to return to the UK. What change is around the corner? The one which devastates with a monsoon like deluge. I remember last April being one of sunshine and heavy showers; almost regular as my morning bowel movements!

Soon it will be time to collect Lola to take her and Ruby for another adventure. Ruby ate a fraction of her breakfast and will come back to the majority a little later. I intend to walk to Thorp Arch Trading Estate and then catch the number 7 to The Spinney to bring them back from a fun morning.

Comments

Popular Posts