Market Day.

This morning I didn't write much before mother, and her crippled body, descended the stairway and put a stop to the journal I keep.

On the X99, which is running a little late, we are passing The Windmill pub on a glorious Thursday afternoon.

It might be filled to the rafters with school kids upstairs, but that is OK as downstairs is fairly civilised and quiet (except for the Kurdish (???) lady who sells the Big Issue in the Market Place in Wetherby and a couple of octogenarians - with masks still in place - who whitter constantly).

We're heading up Langwith Hill, Collingham, where I once delivered mail and once asked, in utter desperation, to go for a poo-poo in a residence I delivered to off Hillcrest. That was such a long time ago: during Foot and Mouth.

The Rapeseed in the field by the turning onto Crabtree Lane is the brightest yellow. It's a wonderful day.

This morning was still too cold for tomatoes, and there was a slight frost in Yorkshire... I hope it wasn't on my allotment up Ainsty Cresent?

After I'd walked Lola this morning I managed to put most of the more mature tomatoes into the ground in mum's greenhouse, put a few into larger pots and allowed the rest an afternoon in the sunshine.

Some pesky birds have nibbled some sweet corn from the tray of prepared last week: how do they know - they must have a particular sense of smell. I think I'll make another tray and leave it away from birds in an enclosed space?

Upstairs the boys are literally 'yapping' like dogs and the Kurdish lady is still speaking to whoever is on the end of her conversation.

It was market Day in Wetherby today, but I missed the lady who sells bread, the cheese monger and the beer shop as they were all gone by 4pm when I left Mews to catch this chaotic omnibus 

Comments

Popular Posts