Day Seven, am.

Yes, I will depart at 7:30, regardless of whether the host (23 Rue des Trois Marchands, donativo) is here to say goodbye. They were a little surprised I would be gone prior to 9. But I prefer the dawn for walking; Michel would like to get a mugshot of me with my rucksack.

Thoroughly packed. Had a long refreshing shower last evening: first since Chartres... Everyday isn't necessary really, but I know some folks can't do without it?

Primarily I would like to look around Blois a little this morning before to my route takes me west. And the host Michel has arranged for me to sleep in a farm surrounded by sheep - Amma ferme du Plessis. He says stick to the south way. Perhaps that's what he was saying? But I don't know as after he began speaking a little English he then dropped into rapid French where I understand half the content and had no words but comprendre or je ne comprends pas to reply.


***

The news! It's obsessed with just one thing! Well, currently two things, the elections beginning Sunday and the Guerre Ukraine. I try not to look, but it's almost impossible to escape in a Bar Tabac the indoctrination of people via every possible means at their disposal, especially if it's Presse too? After a quick 30 minutes around the historic core of Blois and I'm heading West again. Bar Tabac why do I let this meaningless place get to my inner calm reality? Let it pass: all will pass. Leaving under a river crossing where the cars are bumper to bumper, not going anywhere, but I am? 

Comments

Popular Posts