Monday was a good heart day

How healthy is my heart? After another mammoth day with all things green in the greenhouse and at the allotment, except for a minor poisoning of 5 seedling tomatoes by the addition of manure - only a handful but it must be very toxic as all five have died and it's such a good job I only did it to those five and not the numerous I stepped up into larger pot ... Getting rid of the ones which didn't take.

Lola got around 2 hours and a bit of loving this afternoon until I went to do the grass and other jobs in mum's garden - where I noticed the murder. It's brown bin day on Wednesday.

Andy's back from Fuerteventura and was at the allotment this morning He took away some of the roots I've/we've dug up since the autumn to start putting in his brown bin - thanks Andy!  And I put another set of onions into the plot as well as liberally sprinkling with Bonemeal - strawberries like it...

Nearly at the point were the early potatoes will go into the ground, but, as it looks like a good weekend weatherwise, and Lola should be at my sister's, I will have planted all those seed potatoes I bought back in January.

It's been a good day. I'm in bed. This is the lastest I've written my journal in some time - usually doing first thing. Knackered, but going to read a couple more chapters from Alone in Berlin. 

Comments

Popular Posts