Za'atar

I did a about turn on the threshold of Bar3, as I was about to leave because it's a tedious place, but a bit of skirt, or in this case faux wet leggings hugging a fine set of pins, and returned for a half of Leffe Blonde and to try to complete the current chapter of As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning; I am easily pleased.

The usual cluster of folks at the bar, with the addition of a forgotten dog; and there goes an old face: Richard Broadbent. There is little chance of completing the chapter.

***

As the cork is degorged and the pitiful nonsensical mutterings of Andy, proprietor of Bottle & Bean, who complains that Wetherby Brew Co. copied his idea... Andy's establishment isn't original, why I had the same idea some 10 years before he existed in Wetherby, but I didn't have the finances.

***

Heading back to Leeds on the blessed X98 after a lovely morning in Knaresborough, with Lola and Stephen, walking a little section of the Round before we had to turn back to get the car: fours went quickly. The Nidderdale Gorge is a fantastic walking location where Lola has plenty happiness - and sandy bits where she runs giddy. Moved forward from a bloke waffling on about LUFC. Andy Stoney, one of Wetherby's least dynamic souls, was forcing the few folks clinging to their cups and chairs in BAE to drink without peace. It shouldn't be said, because he's me in another body, but he's so bland it's startling!

***

Then I didn't get let in in three establishments on Saturday. Twice because they were fit to bust and once because I wasn't dressed appropriately... In the 21st century that pronunciation is literally archaic; and that was from a Rastafari Bouncer protecting Headrow House from an improvement in it's clientele...

In the morning yesterday Stephen, Lola and I had a lovely couple of hours on the Nidderdale Gorge and along a part of the Knaresborough Round before Stephen decided we needed to get back to the car to make sure we were in adequate time for our alloted time. Both of us were starting to suffer again on our feet so returning to the centre of Knaresborough was probably sage advice, but I was definitely getting into my flow...

After I got into Leeds, and picked up some sour dough bread, I tried to complete  As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning but I am left at the Epilogue and now I am on the X99 to spend this bright day on the allotment.

In Kirkgate Market, in the food hall, I have stumbled upon a Kurdish establishment where I enjoyed two rounds of za'atar bread - fresh and zingy. Middle Eastern cuisine is so herby and lemony and it really ticks all my tastebud requirements.

Comments

Popular Posts