Time, a great healer?

Time is a great healer. It has been said. The things in the mind of the past dissolve like entropic decay. They collapse into more remote or closed off sections of the presence. Sometimes they appear again, especially in dreams or, for me, when I am walking. They appear bright as day to punish me and kick me. It's always been a surreal experience for me the way I can be walking, walking, walking and suddenly a memory of what someone did or said to attack me becomes the focal point, clear as day, which punishes me again and again. It's like someone, somewhere, is thinking negative thoughts about me right then and they spontaneously pop up in my head there, adding fear and doubt into my actions: a question of what it all means occurs to me then and I want to scream.

... Give thanks for life. Be thankful. Pay attention and be grateful. Life is difficult, but it is always worth carrying the cross. The cross is light.

Comments

Popular Posts